Cosmic Voices from Bulgaria are one of the most popular bulgarian folk choirs today.
The choir was founded in 1994 by the producer Emil Minev. Today this unique choir includes 18 female singers carefully selected by numerous castings in different regions in Bulgaria.
The characteristic sound of the singers is typical for the Balkan culture. The choir has released its first CD "The Choice" in 1994. Since then followed:
- Jazz festival in Split - Croatia
- Concert tours in Italy, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Belgium
- Tour in Austria - Voice mania Acappella Festival
- Klangwolke Music Festival in Linz, Austria
- Concerts in the two bigest cathidrals in Vienna, Austria
- Festival in Budva - Montenegro
- Concert at NATO base in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Tour in Israel
- Concert for the UN Mission in Vienna, Austria
- Jazz festival Apolonia in Sozopol, Bulgaria
- Concerts in Chisinau, Moldova
- Opening the European Musical Festival in Sofia, Bulgaria
The choir has worked on numerous CD productions with internationally acclaimed artists such as Vesselina Kasarova - BMG Classic/Red Seal - her CD with Cosmic Voices from Bulgaria "Bulgarian Soul" earned the ECHO Award in 2004, Christian Kolonovits, Ikuko Kawai - JVC Victor Japan, Yoko Kanno - JVC Victor Japan.
Documentation-Films for Cosmic Voices from Bulgaria were shown on international channels such as ARTE, ZDF (Germany), the english composer Howard Goodall made a presentation for the choir on Channel 4 - U.K.
Cosmic Voices from Bulgaria recorded also some music for the Italian Film Production of "NOMAD II 2005", music by Carlo Siliotto and the Japanese cartoon - "KIBA", music by Jun Miyake.
The two volumes of "Bulgarian Choral Folk Songs" belong definately to the biggest musical achievments of this unique choir - not only because they have been incredibly arranged by the composer Krassimir Kyurkchiyski, but because the Bulgarian folk music is a real musical treasure making a cross over between the european musical tradition and the east-european one, collecting in itself numerous cultural and ancient Balkan tribe influences - Thracians, Great - Bulgarian Tribes and the ones of the Slavonic Tribes.
Cosmic Voices from Bulgaria belongs surely to the most appreciated and admired national cultural treasures of Bulgaria nowadays and are a real musical delight to the ears.
Two new CD releases - "Bulgarian Choral Folk Songs - Vol.1 and Vol.2" by Cosmic Voices from Bulgaria are already available on iTunes Music Store.